A Personal Plan
The key to success
in weight management is to set realistic and manageable goals for
weight loss. As part of
your entry process into the program you will meet with a doctor
who specializes in nutrition and weight loss. Together with the
doctor, you will discuss your personal weight goals and any issues that may
have prevented you from reaching these goals in the past.
Your weight management medical provider will perform a physical exam and
conduct several evaluation tests.
Before Starting the Program: All clients must meet the following Pre-Entry Requirements. These are usually reimbursed through insurance, but if the health plan does not cover these charges, the patient is responsible.
- Lab Work (completed within the past 6 months through your PCP)
- CBC (Complete Blood Count)
- CMP (Complete Metabolic Profile)
- TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone)
- Fasting Lipid Profile (Cholesterol, HDL, LDL, Triglycerides)
- Uric Acid
- EKG (completed within the past year through your PCP)
- Beck's Depression Inventory and Weight Loss Readiness Questionnaire (available through our office)
- Medical Consultation with one of SWENDO's medical providers. Includes a physical examination, review of your medical history and assessment of your medical condition which results in an individualized plan of care outlining a specific course of treatment.
These tests can be done through our office or through your primary
Once the pre-entry requirements are met, you are ready to start our weight loss program!