The Surgical Option
may be a viable option for patients who are seriously overweight and have other
medical conditions that make a formula meal replacement program inappropriate.
The gastroplasty procedure involves reducing the size of the stomach to a small
pouch. Having a gastroplasty or similar procedure requires a major change in
lifestyle and eating behaviors. It also requires a lifetime of medical care.
To be considered for
surgery patients must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 100 pounds overweight
- Have failed other structured weight loss
- Not suffer from binge-eating disorders
- Be committed to making major lifestyle
changes including eating behaviors and lifetime medical care.
- Be committed to long-term attendance of education and support programs.
Bariatric Surgical Preparation Program
Click here to view the flyer about our new support group.
Description: 6 month enrollment in comprehensive medically supervised program. The focus of the first 3 months will be active participation in program and compliance with individualized behavioral objectives. Formula diet and medication options are available but not required. After this first 3 months, pre-surgical testing will be coordinated in conjunction with on-going monthly monitoring and attendance at bariatric support group. At the conclusion of the 6 month enrollment, participant will be provided with copies of all relevant medical tests and a letter of recommendation to the surgeon.
- Physician consultation
- Current Lab Work (within last 6 months): CBC, CMP, TSH, Lipid Panel and Serum Uric Acid
- EKG completed within last year
- Completion of Pre-entry Questionnaires
Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric) Programs
Weight Loss Surgery Resource List (pdf)
Lap Band Bariatric Surgery